St. Therese of Lisieux R.C. Church
Young Adults Ministry Board (YAMB)
Phone: (718)-451-1500 (Rectory Office) or
The Young Adult Ministry Board (YAMB) is a new ministry that was launch on October 28th, 2012, to help our young brothers and sisters of our parish community reconnect with their Lord our God and Savior Jesus Christ, so that they can embrace Him again with open arms and never let him go. This is done by expressing your needs and concerns through fellowship with Body and Blood of Christ. We welcome college student, young professionals, and single and young married couples to join us.
To help one another recognize and acknowledge our gifts, talents, treasure and strength that our Lord God has given us to share with our parish community through service work and in other type of work we do.
- The Young Adult Ministry meeting will take place twice a month on the 1st and the 3rd Friday of each month at 8PM in the Rectory Office or in the Auditorium Conference if it is available.
- We will be collecting dues at each meeting $2.00 or $4.00 (covers for that month
- Once a month’s testimonies/bible studies (Fr. Smith, or any other priest or deacon
that is available).
- Volunteering at soup Kitchens
- Volunteering at shelters
- Day Retreats or Overnight Retreat
- Outing: Bowling, Restaurants, Game Night, Sports Night, Skating, Movie Night,
- Help out with fellowship once or twice a month (TBD)
Upcoming Lent Fundraiser Event: (TBD):
- Soup & Bread on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:30PM in the Auditorium
Other Events to plan for the Year:
- Easter Egg hunt for the kids
- Bake sale/Flea Market (TBD)
- Planning a Spring Revival with St. Augustine’s Church (TBD) and planning activities in conjunction with St. Augustine’s and other churches.
- Celebrating the Young Adult Ministry one year Anniversary on
October 28th, 2013, followed by a meet and greet with a light bunch.
- Fitness Classes
What we want to do for our parish:
- Help with raise money for a projector
- Working on the sound system in the church
- Revamp music/ Liturgical Dance
- Getting rid of the song books and go green.
- Buy a Camera, Speaker for our events and others
Next Meeting: Friday, March 1st, 2013 at 8PM.
If you are interested in becoming a member please contact us at the
information up above.
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” (1 Timothy 4:12)